Thursday, February 22, 2024

The Real Message


"And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard 
it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst." (John 8:8-9)


Most of us are familiar with this passage of the scriptures in the King James Bible. I believe most people have no problem with the principles that Christ was teaching, not only to those involved, but for our society today.

A couple more thoughts comes to my mind as I read this. Do you think Jesus could also be trying to teach us to hate our own sin more than the sins of others?

Also, could he possibly have written, as he stooped down---"as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"...
for all have sinned, and come short of the 
glory of God;"?

And now, as Paul Harvey used to say...the rest of the story!

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Let me close the same way the Apostle Paul does in his Epistle to the Romans. 

"To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen."  

My dear friend, if you have never received Christ as your Saviour, would you do so today? Pray this from your heart. 

Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I believe you were buried and rose again the third day. I ask you now to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart and save me. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapture!

  The purpose of the following is to outline a systematic study of the scriptures to determine the major differences between two biblical te...