Saturday, July 15, 2023

Challenging Times


We find a conversation, in Esther 4:13-14, between Mordecai and Esther during a time when the people of God found themselves in an extremely desperate situation. 

"Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" 

I mentioned something previously, on my FB page while posting a link to this blog. 

I had alluded to the fact that we, as Christians, find ourselves in a challenging climate as we try to fulfill the Great Commission. 

Some of the challenges we face today may be unique to history, but sharing the Gospel to a lost and dying world has always been challenging.

Just as we have seen from the pages of the Book of Esther, God's people have found themselves in challenging times in all ages. 

The mindsets of men today are no different than those of Rome that Paul speaks of in the first chapter of his Epistle to them. As a matter of fact, we could say that society today is emulating that culture pretty closely. 

With that in mind, I would like to begin a series that attempts to address some of the major issues that are impeding the progress of the Church in successfully reaching souls for Christ.

While attempting to shine light, through scripture, on some of the difficulties that ministries face; let's not lose sight of the fact that the enemies of the Gospel are not men and women, but those powers and influences lurking in the shadows. 

Paul reminds us in Ephesians 6:12;

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

If the Church can get some clear direction on how to effectively share the Gospel, by identifying issues that are making it more challenging each day; maybe we could begin seeing more of God's people rising up "for such a time as this".

Stay tuned for the first installment of this series. 

"To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen."  

My dear friend, if you have never received Christ as your Saviour, would you do so today? Pray this from your heart. 

Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died on the cross for my sins. I believe you were buried and rose the third day. I ask you now to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart and save me. Amen 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Rapture!

  The purpose of the following is to outline a systematic study of the scriptures to determine the major differences between two biblical te...